Full time experienced Sous Chef
We are an independent, family run hotel in the North-East of Scotland, looking for an experienced Sous Chef to join our team. We are located in the village of Pitmedden in lovely rural Aberdeenshire, 25 minutes from Aberdeen City. We have a reputation for excellent food and service with first class reviews.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented, enthusiastic and ambitious individual to help continue building the reputation of the Restaurant and Café to further enhance our standing.
What we are looking for :
- Enthusiasm with a passion for good ingredients and good food.
- The ability to work unsupervised while maintaining our high standards.
- The ability to consistently turn out dishes of outstanding quality and presentation
- Professional approach to work and colleagues
- Highly organised and tidy
- Ability to work under pressure
- Can work well in a team and with FOH staff
- Familiar with HACCP
- Flexible approach to working hours within reason.
- Deputising for the Head Chef in all aspects of kitchen management and running of service.
- Assisting Head Chef with menu development and kitchen efficiency.
- The ability to run the kitchen and team in the absence of the Head chef
- Experience in stock management and staff organisation.
- Responsible for the ingredients from delivery to the final presentation
- Keeping the kitchen clean and tidy
- Assist in career development and training of younger staff.
We operate a five day, 35 – 50-hour week with consecutive days off. An excellent rate of pay is offered to the right candidate with share of tips. Split shifts are minimised wherever possible.
Accommodation may be available in-house for relocation period.
Apply in writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org